Get inspired to make a delicious and healthy dinner! With these healthy dinner ideas organized by protein, you’ll be ready to cook in no time.
From chicken casseroles to pork roasts to beef burgers to seafood kebabs to turkey chili to tons of vegetarian options, these 100+ healthy dinner ideas are easy to make and packed with ingredients you can feel good about. Enjoy!
Choosing Healthy Dinner Recipes
The internet is an overwhelming place when you’re looking for inspiration and healthy dinner ideas, isn’t it?! So overwhelming with so many choices that sometimes it seems almost impossible to nail down what you’re making for dinner tonight — let alone planning the entire week’s meals!
So, what does a healthy dinner actually look like? We strive to include at least 3 or 4 of the following food groups into our dinners to help create that optimal balanced and healthy meal.
Protein, people! This will help keep you feeling full through the evening and allow your body enough energy to recharge through the night. This can be a meat protein, such as chicken turkey or seafood, or a plant protein, such as beans, broccoli or brussels sprouts.
All of the healthy dinner recipes here include vegetables or offer recipe pairings packed with vegetables! We love incorporating nutrient-rich veggies into our dinners, whether they’re fresh, steamed, grilled, sautéed, baked — you get the idea.
Getting a full serving of vegetables at dinnertime not only boosts the fiber content (as well as the entire nutrient profile) of your meal, but will help nourish your body without adding empty calories.
GRAINS / COMPLEX CARBOHYDRATES
Whole grains and nutrient-dense carbs are our friends! You’ll find us incorporating these into healthy dinner recipes due to their high fiber, B vitamins and iron content. You’ll find many healthy grain and carb options throughout these recipes.
DAIRY (OR A CALCIUM ALTERNATIVE!)
If you’re not getting much calcium elsewhere throughout the day, dinner is the perfect time for a glass of milk or a small serving of your favorite cheese! If dairy isn’t part of your life for whatever reason, other great sources of calcium include: non-dairy milk or cheese, tofu, almonds or chia seeds.
Don’t be afraid to eat fat! We love incorporating healthy fats, such as olive oil, avocado, eggs, nuts and seeds, and hummus to our dinners.
Meal Prepping Healthy Dinners
Great news! Many of these recipes are super easy to prep ahead of time and then reheat throughout the week. Why do we make so many recipes like this? Because not everyone has time to completely prep and cook a meal every evening (ourselves included!). And, there’s nothing better than being able to come home and quickly pull a healthy dinner together for yourself, your roommates or your family.
Now, let’s get into these 100+ healthy dinner ideas, shall we?
Healthy Dinners with Chicken
Winner winner, chicken dinner recipes! These healthy recipes are perfect if you haven chicken breasts, wings, drummies, or heck, even a whole chicken on hand! 1 serving of chicken = 3-4 oz.
- Southwestern Chicken Casserole
- Green Curry Sweet Potato Chicken Meatballs
- Crockpot Chicken Taco Bowls
- Caprese Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 6 Crockpot Freezer Meals with Chicken
- Chicken, Potatoes and Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus Sheet Pan Dinner
- Healthy Chicken Parmesan Quinoa Casserole
- Cilantro Lime Chicken with Cauliflower Rice
- Beer Can Chicken
- Healthy Kung Pao Chicken
- Pesto Chicken Pasta
- The Best Grilled Chicken Legs
Healthy Vegetarian Dinners
These easy vegetarian meals pack protein, veggies and SO. MUCH. FLAVOR. If you’re looking for easy ways to get your veggies in, these vegetarian dinner ideas (and bonus! Some are even vegan) will keep you inspired for dinners all week long. 1 serving of vegetables = approximately 1 cup
- Vegetarian Zucchini Lasagna
- Cauliflower Tikka Masala
- Whole Wheat Sun Dried Tomato Basil Pasta
- Roasted Garlic Black Bean Quinoa Burger
- Rainbow Asian Noodle Salad
- Vegan Avocado Mac and Cheese
- Butternut Squash Buddha Bowls
- Roasted Red Pepper Quinoa Chili
- Roasted Brussel Sprout Polenta Bowls
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Burgers
- Vegan Pad Thai with Thai Peanut Sauce
- Vegan Broccoli and Cheese Casserole
- Vegan Pasta Bake with White Wine Pasta Sauce
- Mediterranean Vegan Buddha Bowls
- Vegan Sweet Potato Tacos
- Superfood Detox Salad
Healthy Dinners with Beef
Whether you have ground beef, steaks, shredded beef (hello, carnitas!!), or a roast, the dinner options are endless! Peruse these delicious and healthy dinners with beef, and get inspired to cook your new favorite dinner. 1 serving of beef = 3-4 oz.
- Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Sous Vide Steak
- Healthy Mongolian Beef
- Healthy Hamburger Casserole
- Instant Pot Korean Beef Bowls
- Superfood Taco Bowls
- Mini Taco Cups
- Asian Stuffed Pepper Steak Quinoa Casserole
- Mexican Juicy Lucy Burgers
Healthy Dinners with Turkey
Turkey dinners are not just for Thanksgiving! From tacos to soups to burgers and more, enjoy these easy and healthy dinners with turkey all year long! 1 serving of turkey = 3-4 oz.
- Instant Pot Tuscan Turkey Soup
- Twice Baked Turkey Sweet Potato Enchilada Boats
- Pumpkin Turkey Chili with Roasted Poblano Peppers
- Healthy Walking Tacos
- BBQ Quinoa Turkey Burgers
- Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Taco Soup
Healthy Dinners with Pork
As one of the most versatile meat proteins, the options for healthy dinners with pork never end! From bacon to pork roasts to pork chops and pulled pork, dinner is served with these healthy recipes. 1 serving of pork = 3-4 oz.
- Instant Pot Pork Roast
- Healthy BLT Pasta
- Instant Pot Pork Chops with Whiskey Gravy
- Whole Wheat Pasta Primavera with Bacon
- Instant Pot Pulled Pork Carnitas
- Slow Cooker (+ Instant Pot) Carnitas Burrito Bowls
- 30-Minute Sausage Pizza Pasta
- BLT Quinoa Lettuce Wraps with Homemade Healthy Ranch
Healthy Dinners with Seafood
Seafood lovers! You don’t need to go out for an expensive meal to enjoy a delicious and healthy fish or seafood dinner. From Salmon burgers to tuna poke bowls to shrimp kebabs, dinner’s covered here! 1 serving of seafood = 3-5 oz.
- Lemon Dill Salmon Burgers
- Honey Sriracha Salmon in 8 Minutes
- Lemon Butter Seared Salmon
- Grilled Salmon in Foil with Pineapple Salsa
- Lemon Pepper Salmon
- Sous Vide Salmon
- Maple Ginger Baked Salmon
- Salmon Salad with Greek Yogurt Dill Dressing
- Fresh Grilled Shrimp Bowls
- Kung Pao Shrimp
- Asparagus Shrimp Scampi
- Baked Coconut Shrimp with Chili Mango Dipping Sauce
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp Bowls